Friday, April 17, 2009

4/16/09 - Getting Back to Raw

Breakfast: 1/4 of a Perfect Cheesecake

I ate a handful-size (or more) of something cooked three days in a row this week, plus once or twice last week. For me, that is A LOT of cooked food!

About 10 am today, I finally realized that I had emotional/self-protection issues that have been keeping me from eating & living the way I feel best. So, I'm done.

I went to the kitchen and ate the first raw, nutrient-dense thing I could find. It was a small handful of cacao nibs.

Lunch: 1/3 of a head of cauliflower with sweet lemon marinade

Afternoon indulgence: I intended to make a chocolate-topped version of my perfect cheesecake (we finished the other one this morning for breakfast), but I was impatient. The chocolate sets up quickly, but the cheesecake doesn't, so I ended up having cheesecake soup with chunks of coconut-flavored chocolate swimming in it. I don't recommend this combination of flavors. :P

Another afternoon indulgence: veggie juice - 1 head green leaf lettuce, 5 carrots and the stems & core of 1 head of cauliflower

Dinner: 1/8 of a chocolate-topped cheesecake - since it still hadn't set up completely, I was able to eat it more easily by turning it upside-down.

Bedtime: 1 c. sesame milk

3 comments:

  1. Love your cheesecake!

    It's so interesting how food is so tied up in emotions..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you feel better! the green juice should help you detox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody - thanks! My son loves it, too. ;)

    Aimee - Yeah, I wasn't feeling necessarily bad; just a little heavy. It did help - I love veggie juice!

    ReplyDelete